5 Inspiring Green Industry Facts and Projections
The 2012 season was a tough one for landscape and snow removal contractors. A winter that yielded little to no snowfall was followed by a summer plagued by a nationwide drought. Not to mention record gas prices, and many more obstacles that made running a profitable green industry enterprise difficult at best.
An Industry Worth Fighting For
Well, enough of that. Here are 5 inspiring green industry stats and projections that I came across in a Total Landscape Care Article.
- The green industry has annual revenues of $61 Billion.
- It employees 899,958 people.
- It represents 416,991 businesses.
- Employment of grounds maintenance workers is projected to grow 20% between 2010 and 2020.
- The landscaping services market is poised to reach $80 billion by 2015.
More interesting green industry facts are illustrated below:
To learn more about these green industry facts and projections, read the rest of this article.
What do you think will happen in the green industry in the next five, ten, fifteen years?