It’s hard to believe that opening day of the Green Industry Expo (GIE) in Louisville, KY is only 90 days away. The doors to the exhibit hall will open bright and early on Thursday, October 24, and we can’t hardly wait.
We’re excited to demo the Go iLawn property measuring tools for landscape contractors, talk shop with our customers and meet some new prospects. But what will you do at GIE as an attendee? There’s so much to do in so little time, so we’ve come up with a list of 10 things we think you won’t want to miss at GIE this year.
10 Things You Should Do at GIE This Year
- Walk the Entire Exhibit Floor- 750 companies are ready and waiting to meet you at the exhibit hall on Thursday and Friday. Try to visit with as many as you can- and be sure the Go iLawn booth is one your stops. We’ll be at booth 9055.
- Test Drive a Mower- A 19 acre landscapers playground is just steps away from exhibit hall where you can test drive mowers and equipment. But don’t stay out there too long, we want to see you inside too!
- Participate in the Green Industry Conference- PLANET’s Green Industry Conference provides high-level education and fun networking events. Our CEO, Mike Rorie will speak on Thursday from 1:30-2:45 on Building Your Business to Sell, and again at 3:00 on Leveraging Your Business for Success.
- Attend a Workshop- GIE Workshops are only $50 and cover a wide range of topics including lawncare, hardscapes, sales, marketing, management and more.
- Tour Hardscape North America- As an exhibitor I just can’t help but think of the set up and tear down of the amazing hardscapes on display at HNA, but as a landscaper I would probably feel like a kid in a candy store. Take an extra 20 minutes and stroll through HNA for some inspiration.
- Get Started on a Landscape Industry Certification– Earning a certification is no easy task, but may just help you show others how knowledgeable you are about what you do. Learn more about landscape industry certifications.
- Ride the Mechanical Bull at PBR Louisville- PBR Louisville is home to the “world’s meanest mechanical bull”. If anything else, you may just come home with a great story and possibly some incriminating photos.
- See Craig Morgan and Three Dog Night- Not only do you get to test drive mowers, learn new skills and meet great people at GIE, but you’re also treated to free concerts at Fourth Street Live. Party on!
- Stay for Fabulous Friday- Four winners will be selected to win $1,000, $2,000, $3,000 and $4,000 on Fabulous Friday. They’ll announce the winner at the end of the day on Friday in the exhibit hall.
- Get your Picture Take with the Go iLawn Team- What would a visit to GIE be without a photo with the Go iLawn team? Please stop by and see us at booth 9055 to snap a picture. You may just see yourself in a Tweet, on Facebook or on our website when you get home!
Do you have any suggestions about what to do at GIE? Tell us in the comments section of this post.