The Green Industry Expo (GIE) is officially less than one month away (October 22-24)! As always, we are looking forward to meeting new people, visiting with our customers and learning about what’s new in the industry. If you plan to attend, please stop by our booth #9055 to see us.
The Professional Landcare Network (PLANET), a trade organization for green industry professionals, runs their Green Industry Conference (GIC) alongside GIE as well.
GIC offers more education and networking opportunities than any other green industry show we’ve been to, and a large part of that is because PLANET is a strong trade organization. Their members play a big role in organizing, presenting and participating in the conference. There’s no other green industry show or conference like it, and our CEO will attest to that.
He often shares how he learned more from attending PLANET (which was ALCA at the time) and Ohio Nursery and Landscaping Association events than he did anywhere else.
He still enjoys attending industry events today, and he never misses GIC. In fact, he’s speaking at GIC on Thursday, October 23 from 9:45-11:15. His topic is: Train to Grow: Five Components of a Rock Solid Training Program. We hope you can attend.
Green Industry and Asphalt Industry Trade Organizations
If you are considering joining an industry association, there are a lot of options to choose from. We’ve compiled a short list of green industry and asphalt industry trade organizations you might be interested in:
- Professional Landcare Network (PLANET)
- Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA)
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
- The Irrigation Association (IA)
- National Association for Professional Women in Landscaping (NAPWL)
- National Pest Management Association (NPMA)
- National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)
- North American Power Sweeping Organization (NAPSA)
- State Landscape Organizations List (provided by Landscape Contractors Association, a regional organization).
- State Asphalt Associations List (provided by NAPA)
Attending trade shows like GIE and the National Pavement Expo, can also be a great way to explore the benefits a trade organization can provide for you and your company. Often industry associations are represented at these events, so you can ask questions, meet other members and do your due diligence at the show.
What trade organization do you belong to? Please share your organization with us in the comments section of this post.