6 Things You Should Do At The SIMA Symposium
The SIMA Symposium (the annual trade show and conference for the Snow and Ice Management Association) is two weeks away. With the stormy winter most snow removal contractors experienced, we think this will be one of the best symposium’s yet.
This will be our fourth time exhibiting at SIMA and it never disappoints. We enjoy seeing our customers and meeting new people in the industry, and SIMA always puts together some great events. Plus they serve beer on the trade show floor on Thursday’s…Did we mention the SIMA Symposium never disappoints?
6 Must-Do’s at the SIMA Symposium
Of course there will be a lot to see and do in a short amount of time, so we compiled a list of 6 must-do’s in and out of the show while you’re in Columbus.
- Attend the Welcome Reception on Wednesday night- You don’t want to miss the welcome reception on Wednesday night from 8-10 pm. Everyone who attends, exhibits and sponsors the show and/or conference is invited. It’s a great place to catch up with your industry friends and also to check the next must-do off the list.
- Meet someone new- It’s always nice to see familiar faces, but make it a goal to meet someone new. Everyone is there to learn and better themselves, and there are hundreds of people surrounding you who have similar interests, experiences and perhaps good advice that you might benefit from. If we haven’t met before, maybe we can be each other’s someone new?
- Eat at Katzinger’s Deli- Katzinger’s Deli is a Columbus staple in the quaint German Village neighborhood. For the complete Katzinger’s experience, we recommend ordering a Katzinger’s world famous Reuben (they’ve got 10 different Reuben’s on the menu). But if that’s not your thing, there are plenty of other options including vegan and vegetarian choices!
- Hit the Trade show floor- Burn off your Reuben on the trade show floor. Over 130 exhibitors will be there waiting to meet and talk with you. The show is open on Thursday, June 19 from 1-6 p.m. and Friday, June 20 from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Pick up some swag- While you’re on the trade show floor, be sure to grab some swag from the booths you visit. We’ll have some cool Go iLawn bags you can pick up to help you carry all of your new stuff, and you can enter to win $100 just for stopping by!
- Stop by the Go iLawn booth #515 and say ‘Hi!’- Just in case the bags and $100 giveaway isn’t enough incentive for you to stop by and see us, we’ve reinforced how important a visit to the Go iLawn booth (515) is by making it the sixth ‘must-do’ at the SIMA Symposium. I know it’s a biased suggestion, but I hope it works!
If we left a SIMA Symposium must-do off the list, please tell us what it is in the comments section of this post.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!